Sunday, July 06, 2008

Ah Wah Hokkien Mee @ The Champion Duck, Damansara Utama

Add: The Champion Duck Restaurant @ 30, SS21/35, Damansara Utama, PJ (Row behind HSBC)
Opening hours: 4pm - 2am

Hmm... This guys have now been open since late-May 2008, and are competing head on with the excellent Damansara Hokkien Mee ... Lucky Damansaraites, having two really good hokkien mee joints! I have my doubts whether these guys are related to the legendary Ahwa Hokkien Mee of Jalan 222 , but the hokkien noodles are good! Hmm, I still miss Reunion of Bangsar Village II 's cleaner + more expensive version!


When I picked up my ta-pau (Take-away) at about 8pm, it was rather quiet, much more so then the nearby Damansara Hokkien Mee. But don't let this put you off ... the noodles (mee-hoon in this case) are really good, great wok-hei (Temperature hot!) and rather good value at RM$10. Served with some delicious sambal.

No comments: