Monday, July 28, 2008

Jack's Place - Steaks @ One Utama, PJ

My first visit to Jack's Place in Malaysia ... brings back memories of my O-Level days with Jack and my Oldham bros, and visiting the outlet in Serene Centre, Singapore!

Add: Jack's Place @ F346, First Floor , Rainforest, 1 Utama Shopping Centre (New Wing)
No.1 , Lebuh Bandar Utama Damansara, PJ
Tel: +603 7725 1433


Prawn cocktail - Eeeeep, pure mayo! Part of my set meal.
Some creamy soup (Corn?) - Also poor, and part of my set meal.




My steak! It was rather good, and at under RM$40 for a set-meal which included a large chunk of sizzling steak, I couldn't quite complaint. Pity only the STEAK was good, and the starter/dessert was poor to say the least.


Truly dissapointing ... the Lobster Pizza. As my partner in crime asked me ... "What lobster!"


My set meal included a scoop of unknown-origin creamy-super sweet ice-cream, duh!


Overall, I have to say that ONLY the steaks are good, I don't understand how it could have been in operation since 2005 with so few customers there ... AND, the waitresses must learn NOT to stand next to the one or two tables which are actually occupied and chit-chat etc. Tsk tsk ... BAD!



ps - Here's an article from 2005 (The Star 'Kuali') ... JACK’S Place Holdings Pte Ltd, the parent company of one of Singapore’s best-loved and most enduring eateries (Founded in the 1960s) – Jack’s Place Steak House & Restaurant – is extending its reach and has opened its first outlet in Malaysia.

No comments: