Sunday, July 27, 2008

Famous pork noodles @ Weng Hing Koptiam, KL

Another one of KL's institutions!
Add: 183, Jalan Imbi, KL
Located: Cross-roads of Jalan Barat and Jalan Imbi, opposite the Honda showroom.


I asked the uncle if he would mind a photo, he then promptly posed for me!


I had driven all the way from Klang to KL for this ... always worth it, great pork noodles, lovely pork balls and excellent sausage.


Decent Char Kuay Teow with CCY's extra 'hum' ... Hmm, RM$6. Ouch!


The Seremban Siu Bao stand also sells egg-tarts, which were dissapointing.


Looking back at the shop lots as we walked away ...


ps - Been here before :-)
Write-up on Weng Hing's pork noodles

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should try the fried "nien gao" right in front of the pork noodles stall. Trust me, it taste good!! (^.~)

Julian Si said...

Hmmm, you must be referring to ...

http://juliansi.blogspot.com/2007/08/goreng-pisang-imbi-road-side.html

and,

http://juliansi.blogspot.com/2007/03/fried-lin-ko-weng-hing-kl.html

I agree... truly splendid!

mikewlchin said...

I used to stay next door to Weng Hing. I practically grew up here... And the Pork Ball noodles with the Siew Cheong has to be the best in KL, PJ and probably the world!

Don't forget to order some Braised Chicken from the stall next to the Siu Bao stand - it's just as good as the Braised Chicken from Taman Selera in PJ old town (' ',)

Julian Si said...

Cheers MC! Drooooool, I can only imagine porky noodles from Imbi for the next 5 months, next back in May!

:-)

HAPPY NEW YEAR, mate!