Monday, July 28, 2008

Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (2008)

Source: DVD (SS2)
"This time they're running from the joint!"

I didn't find this as brilliant as 2004's classic, Harold and Kumar goes to White Castle, but nevertheless this film still served out laughs a minute. However, it didn't seem to be as spontaneous, but be prepared to drift in and out of madness!! Haha :-) That certainly is the Harold and Kumar formula!


Always in their element and genuinely funny..
John Cho ... Harold Lee
Kal Penn ... Kumar Patel
And introducing ...
Rob Corddry ... Ron Fox
Roger Bart ... Dr. Jack Beecher
AND, James Adomian ... Pres. George W. Bush



Best songs? Check out Heaven is a Place on Earth (Belinda Carlisle) and Danger Zone (Kenny Loggins) in the film! Heh heh :-)


BEWARE! VULGAR!! Best one-liners? (Thanks to imdb.com)

Big Bob: You boys ready for your c*ckmeat sandwich?
Harold Lee: Uh, no.
Big Bob: Well you better get hungry real fast... because I've got a whole lotta sandwich waiting for you!

Kumar Patel: [to illegal immigrant] I'm telling you Jorge, the first thing you have to do when you get to America - buy a device called TiVo. Okay? Freedom means nothing if you're a slave to regular programming. I promise you that.

Harold Lee: After all the shit we've been through, I don't... I don't know if we can trust our government anymore.
George W. Bush: Trust the government? Heck, I'm in the government and I don't even trust it. You don't have to believe in your government to be a good American. You just have to believe in your country.

3 comments:

blossoms_stoned said...

loved the first movie, but the second one... as a girl, majorly disappointed la... too wui soh, :p

blossoms_stoned said...

:) new cube = cubicle... btw, i drop by regularly when i find the time... great blog!

Julian Si said...

Many thanks :-)

ps - Haha... I always think of DILBERT when I read about cubes/cubicles!