Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Dragon-i La Mien - Midvalley Megamall / Cititel Hotel

Add: Cititel Hotel, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, KL
Tel: +603 2282 0155
Located: Main Lobby, Cititel Hotel - Ground Floor, Mid Valley City (Centerpoint).
Previous review: AEON Bukit Tinggi - Jusco Klang branch

My first visit to this outlet in Mid Valley, I have to say I am impressed by the consistency of cooking at the branches I have visited so far, which includes Bandar Utama's Centrepoint, Bukit Tinggi in Klang, and now Mid Valley as well.

Wor tip - Average, but I much prefer Esquire Kitchen's ;-)
Xiu Loong Bao - A wee bit too small, but delicious neverthesame, and the broth/soup was well contained inside with no leaks! Glad no one "fought" me for the lettuce bed ... I ate it all, sweet ... slurp! An excerpt from their menu ... "Shanghainese steamed meat dumpling ... It must have a thin skin with exactly 18 plaits!":-) Oooh...



L's choice of noodles ... beef brisket and la-mien. RM$15. Slurp!

I liked my "Lion head with thick la mien" even more, the vinegar-infused broth was strong and flavoursome! RM$18.


Our friends ordered some rice dishes, they didn't seem to complaint!


Time for desserts... Glutinous dumpings/Tong yuen (RM$6), Honeydew sago (RM$8), Mango cream (RM$10)
I was impressed by their corporate website, here's a blurb on what their core values are...
And a list of the ever-growing empire can be seen below, simply click!


ps. It was a fun evening with new friends from TM-land ...
Post-dessert, we had chocolate dipped biccies hand-carried from the UK :-) Thanks!

No comments: