Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Banana pancake gone wrong at Decanter - Damansara Heights

Add: Decanter @ Jalan Setiakasih 5, Bukit Damansara, KL
Tel: +603 2095 2507
Neigbour: Secret Recipe
Four Decanter branches: Click here for a map

Disastrous ... what has happened to Decanter's previously good Banana Pancake? The crepe was average, and worst of all ... the "custard". Eeeep! Thick, horrid, and condense-milk-like!





However, it ain't all bad ... In the past 2 and a bit years of going to Decanter, I have found gems such as ...
Yin Yang noodles and Fried Chicken Wings
Sheperds Pie
Pie Tee and Assam Laksa

3 comments:

Ciki said...

alamak.. didja feedback or not.. ?!

Unknown said...

Went to the Decanter Hartamas based on some other reviews and Julian is right. Even though the ambience was great (quiet and relaxing) the food was not that great anymore.

Asam Laksa
- Bland. Left me and my partner very unsatisfied.

Chicken chop
- Gravy on the was a little too sweet. I'm Hainanese myself, so trust me I know. You want authentic? Try Yut Kee in Dang Wangi

Banana Peach Crumble
- Ahh... this was a classic. NOT baked well as it was still very uncooked/floury. The fruit in it too was mushy and felt like it had been in the freezer for just a bit too long.


May go back to just chill out, but definitely NOT for the food.
8 Dec 2010

Julian Si said...

C&c - I think my facial expression at Decanter said it all!

Lxandria - Thanks for agreeing with my sentiments. This place has a lot of potential, and cosiness, just wish the food would improve!

Its been some months now .. wonder if it has improved!?