Saturday, July 05, 2008

Bufori Motor Car Company, Kepong KL

Was pleasantly surprised to receive an invite to visit the House of Bufori in Kepong this week, so dad and myself went along for a look-see. This adventure all started when I spotted a pearlescent Bufori Mk III La Joya in Mont Kiara many months ago!

Add: 34B, Jalan 5/32A, 6 1/2 mile Kepong, KL
Tel: +603 6259 1000

It wasn't difficult to find Bufori. Really nice show-room with a Mk II and a Mk III.


Check this out ... an electric powered, kids-size Bufori! Known as the ... Bufori Bambino!


Julie-Ann was a most gracious host, and took my dad and myself through the history of Bufori, models, and factory tour. We were also honoured to briefly meet Gerry Khouri who is the founder of this most-niche of marques!


I couldn't believe it, I was asked if I wanted to test-drive the Mk III La Joya. I said YES immediately! With a displacement of 2.7 litres, which meant a Quad-cam V6 engine which is rear mid-mounted, driving the rear wheels, and a Sequential Shift Transmission, and all the modern comforts you would expect, this was a joy to drive ... Easy to drive, and certainly gets you attention!


It was a brilliant day out which dad and myself enjoyed tremendously ... All the best, Bufori!

No comments: