Friday, August 08, 2008

Ben from FlyFM features me on his blog!

Hmm, I have just been featured on a FlyFM blog :-)
Thanks Ben!



Wednesday, 30th July 2008
You find food in the strangest places…
And no… I’m not talking about the longkang or the loo… I’m talking about a blog… BUT WAIT! It’s not just any blog… it’s Jules’ blog and this is not the Jules from Fly FM’s Rush Hour but some stranger I found online. Was searching for the best Nasi Lemak stall in Taman Tun when this one came up…


The disappointing thing, I didn’t find my favourite Nasi Lemak stall BUT I found something EVEN better – a restaurant by the name of Santai! I was surprised that I’ve never heard of this place but the review Jules gave on his blog was GOOD GOOD GOOD all the way!

To verify his claims, the only way is to check it out! :) I dropped by the restaurant – it’s a very nice Malay themed restaurant which isn’t fancy but makes you feel at home. It’s got a traditional feel that almost makes you wanna eat immediately…
Instead of gorging down on everything on the menu, I ordered 2 simple dishes – a Nasi Pattaya and a Seafood Tom Yam Soup.

The verdit? Really simple and good. Let me describe the Nasi Pattaya – it’s basically fried rice with minced chicken wrapped in egg. The unique thing about this dish is that it’s extremely simple and doesn’t have the bells and whistles like special sauces or anything like that… it’s just TASTY… with simplicity. I don’t know how else to describe it.
As for the soup? The way I like it… not too spicy and comes with average sized, fresh, squid and crunchy prawns that are waiting for you to bite it’s tail off – YEEHA! :)

Check it out… may it be for breakfast, lunch or dinner – I highly recommend it – oh yeah, another plus point – it’s not that expensive either! All the above plus the soya bean milk I had was just 15 ringgit!

Thanks again to Jules who recommended this joint – check his blog out at http://juliansi.blogspot.com/

No comments: