As featured on Malaysian Today!
Add: 3, Batu 1, Jalan Bandar Lama, Tepi Jambatan Pulau Carey, Teluk Panglima Garang, Kuala Langat, Selangor.
Tel: +603 352 7737
Price: $75 (3 persons)
How do you tell the difference between a Christian and a Blogger?A Christian says grace before a meal, whilst a Blogger takes pictures! Welcome to my first blog for Malaysian Today!
I was first taken to Kang Guan Seafood Restaurant earlier this year, and think it must be one of the best value seafood places in Selangor!
Best way to get to Kang Guan is via the Kesas higway, turn off at the Banting-Klang exit, and drive towards Banting. Keep going straight alongthis road, and you will soon get to Teluk Panglima Garang town. Look forthe signboard that leads right to Pulau Carey, and head along the road untilyou see a bright yellow signboard on the right-hand side. The restaurantis across the road from this signboard, which is next to Jambatan Pulau Carey.
We chose a selection of popular dishes:
1) Oyster Omelette 'Hor Chien' - I liked this, it wasn't too oily, and I liked the little oysters used in this dish.
2) Salt baked Prawns - Fresh and large, but the batter wasn't the best.
3) Hokkien-style fried Mee Hoon - Very tasty, and a good complement to the other dishes.
4) Stir-fried Tapioca Leaves - Could have been more tender, but exhibited good flavour.
5) Yam Basket - The yam was nice and flakey, but overall the dish was a littlesweet for our liking!
Best of all was the bill! The total for all the food was just under RM$75.
Overall, it was a good value and tasty meal, at a very interesting location by the river.