Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Klang Palace Tim sum @ Centro ... Poor service!

New Year's first meal ... with my parents. Thanks for the treat mum!

Add: F101 A , 1st Floor , Centro Mall , 7 Jalan Batu Tiga Lama , Klang.
Tel: +603 3341 1263

Food turned out to be below-par, normally it is quite excellent in this branch of Imbi Palace ... but the har-kow was overcooked, the chee cheong fun poorly presented. The fu-chok kuen was good though.

Service was poor!
1) Whilst the restaurant may have been rather busy, Overseas Imbi and the likes of the Pandamaran hawker I recently went to, did so much better in terms of promptness and not forgetting one's order.
2) We waited over 20 minutes for my cold mango-pomello dessert, it only had to be taken out of the fridge, and brought to our table which was near the kitchen... Tsk tsk!
3) The facial expressions on the frustrated waiters and waitresses, as well as the 'captains' was clear for all to see ... Guess they certainly crack under pressure!



The good ...


The mediocre ...


The poor and overcooked! ...


The one I waited a looooong time for ... average tasting only!
Try the one at Reunion in Bangsar Village II ... that's a lot more 'real'!

Here's another review from blogging friends of mine :-) Cumi and Ciki goes to Klang Palace

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey just my 2 cents worth on bad service in the new year: Michealangeloes in Pavilion

1) For a set lunch menu in a less than half full restaurant, it took more than an hour and half for my 3 course (plus getting my bill) to be served. I would have been late for work. Not only was it slow, the waiters had a pretty "boh chap" look. had to wave for ages to get attention for anything. the guy whom i presume either owns or manages the place, was sitting at the bar and noticed my waving more than any of his waiters. sigh...
2) Cold soup, overcooked pasta with not too fresh tiger prawns (shells stuck to the meat) and a weak Italian roasted coffee to polish off the deal.
3) No dessert spoons. I was served tiramisu with the dinner spoon.(Eventually requested for a coffee spoon, which was too small for dessert, but definitely less clumsy than the dinner spoon).

What a disappointing experience for a new place that has yet to establish itself.

Go have a try and let me know if it was just bad new year luck for me.

cheers,

Anonymous said...

eh bro.. the lo mai gai looks damn good lah...

Julian Si said...

Chris - Its rather good actually! That's a small piece of ABALONE on the top, posh / 'atas' eh!!

Joann - Oh no :-( Especially on such a special day like New Year's. AND, with it being a new restaurant, that is just in-excusable. I don't think I wanna try it, bad service really irks me.

So lets all write up on our bad service experiences, the service in SOME of the eateries in this country, MUST IMPROVE!! We deserve it!