Monday, February 02, 2009

Nasi Lemak @ Gerai Haji Din, Tanjung Malim - Perak

Located: Hawker centre in front of the Balai Polis, Tanjung Malim town centre

My first trip to TM (Tanjung Malim), and it was a brilliant day out :-) First stop? The popular local nasi lemak venue, Gerai Haji Din.


Old school nasi lemak the way I like it, sambal that is sweet-ish, simple lightly coconut-infused rice which is perfectly cooked, small helping of cucumber and beans ... Magnificent!
L grew up eating the original / dad of the current operator's nasi lemak, and swears by it ... I now know why!
ps - Even beats Shah Alam's famed Restoran Gembira in Section 3

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

my fav :)

Julian Si said...

This has easily made it to the top of my NL list :-) BRAVO, Tanjung Malim!!

debyG! said...

dear jules, u make me cry.. how i miss tg malim very much. i used to enjoy dat simply divine nasi lemak for breakfast. like everyday perhaps? and the divine yikmun chic chop.. who can beat dat? simply divine... u make me wanna go back to tg malim now.. and guess wat? im one of d kids who used to play at d basketball court near haji din's restaurant...

Julian Si said...

TM is only an hour's drive from KL, and I do hope I draw some traffic to this lovely little town which has so much to offer. The food, the hills, the river, and of course the people!

I am hooked on the NL and Ckn-chop, and I hope one day to shoot/take photos of kids who play on that b-ball court!

Thank you once again for visiting my little blog, your comments are very kind and shall keep me blogging with a big smile!

Anonymous said...

Wow...that's an impressive work...just proud to be a TM lad...

Anonymous said...

I'm a daily customer of Haji Din's Nasi Lemak!!! It's one & only

Anonymous said...

wow...nasi lemak hj din is the best in town...almost 40years with great sambal...