Thursday, July 03, 2008

Tiffin carrier

My mum's still using her antique tiffin carrier ... Hey, it works!

Wikipedia - In some former British colonies, the stacked porcelain or metal round trays with handles are called tiffin carriers (similar to the dabba transported by a Dabbawala / Tiffin Wallah), and small-scale caterers use them for delivering meals to individual homes.


itsy said...

There is a photo (at the Happy Tiffin site) of something very similar to yours which was found at an antique store. Is your's american or british made?

Julian Si said...

I think this family-heirloom tiffin of ours is ... British? Gotta ask my mum!!