Thursday, December 23, 2010

Nikkor AF-S ED 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 G VRII - Nikon zoom lens

Thanks to some racun from BT, and a visit to J-One at Amcorp Mall, I could not resist getting myself a very early christmas present :-)


Some basic specs...
70-300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5-5.6 maximum aperture
Vibration Reduction (VRII) minimizes effects of camera shake to produce sharper images
2 Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements delivers super contrast and resolution performance
Internal Focus (IF) system provides fast and quiet autofocusing; 4.9-feet close focus range


Mounted on my 20,000 shutter count Nikon D80 ...


I have been particularly surprised by how good the bokeh is, thanks probably to the nine-blade rounded diaphragm which makes the bokeh natural and reasonably creamy! Here are some examples from my first shoot-out with this lens at the Al Ain Zoo, near Abu Dhabi.


Large 67mm filter, means RM$160 for a Hoya HMC. Ouch!

No comments: