Thursday, February 28, 2008

Loh Gwo Burne for Keadilan, Kelana Jaya



PREVIOUS UPDATE! The day before the Elections...
My blog from 7th March 2008

UPDATE! The day after the Elections!
Results are here ... And photos of Kelana Jaya too!

Who's Gwo Burne?

Personal Details
Name: Loh Gwo Burne
Date of Birth: 26 February 1974
Place of Birth: London, United Kingdom

Goals
To keep moving forward. Be revolutional and evolutional in approaches.A strong believer in justice and integrity. Fully committed to fighting corruption and crime !

Education
Poi Lam (Sekolah Rendah Jenis Kebangsaan Cina) Primary School, Ipoh
ACS Secondary School, Singapore
We were hostel-mates at Oldham Hall, Singapore!
University of Hull (LLB Hon, United Kingdom)
China University of Political Science and Law (LLM, Beijing, China)

----------------

Some excerpts from his BLOGspot ...

To the High Office of the Citizens of Kelana Jaya (P104),


I wish to categorically put to rest the many rumours that have been circulating with regard to my candidature in Kelana Jaya.



Yes, I am a fresh rookie and yes I am contesting against a veteran politician and "NO" I was not given this Parliamentary seat as a reward for coming out in the open with the Lingam video, or that my father has paid PKR to be allowed to contest.



So allow me to explain further, throughout our childhood and now into our adulthood, my siblings and I have been indoctrinated into speaking up and standing up for the truth. Our family is opposed to the gross corruption and dishonesty that we are faced with day to day in Malaysia. It was in this light that we took a decision to come out in the open and expose the current state of the judiciary. The expose came with a personal risk not just for me but my family.

Given the current culture of BN of cover up, con and spin, I would like to throw out this challenge to Lee Hwa Beng, would he have testified against VT Lingam and bring to the forefront the state of the judiciary in this nation, if he was in my place?



I wish to verify that I am contesting this seat on my own accord and I preferred a constituency in an urban area rather than one in a rural area. My upbringing being mostly in Ipoh, Subang and Kuala Lumpur. I feel confident that I will be able to well represent the Malaysian urbanites, in particular the people of Kelana Jaya as I have a good understanding of urban living.

I wish to say that I belong to the New Generation of Malaysians, who are prepared to stand up and take risks for the love of our country. We young Malaysians who are tired of the constant corruption, nepotism and lack of accountability in the civil service. Now we say enough is enough, we say that we want more respectability and pride for the citizens of this Nation.

We stand for a better Malaysia where Honesty, Integrity and Accountability will prevail.I know that PKR is a good platform for me, for it will allow me the freedom to speak up and be the voice of the people in Kelana Jaya when they elect me. I know that under the capable and competent leadership of Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim, I can be moulded to be a good custodian of Public Interest.



If I win this election I will setup a permanent office in Kelana Jaya to serve the Rakyat in this constituency. I will address all issues according to facts and justice.I do recognise that of utmost importance is the effectiveness of the administration.


So to you my bosses, the people of Kelana Jaya, I humbly ask you to allow me to serve your needs and speak up for you in Parliament, for I am young, full of energy, enthusiasm, initiative.

To you I bring, my international experience accumulated over the years of my working career, to you I promise to serve to the best of my ability.So I look forward to your vote of confidence.

In your service and your humble public servant to be.
Loh Gwo Burne



Ps. My favourite quote ...
"I studied in Sunway College so I'm quite comfortable with Kelana Jaya,” said Loh.

No comments: