Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bak Kut Teh @ Petaling Street

Tucked away in a little corner of Petaling Street, known as Madras Street, is a 43 year old Bak Kut Teh joint! Serving what my dad calls the Teo Chew style BKT, which is a ligther version of the Klang BKT, it is GOOD!


I had a stinkin' cold ... and this was just what I needed. Hot BKT! We ordered 2 cuts of meat, Pai Kuat (I preferred this) and 5-Fah-Yoke. Seems the method of eating this style of BKT is to DROWN the rice (which is served plain white style, none of that oiley rice) with soup!


The Chee Cho Keok (Pork Trotters, with lotsa ginger) was nice too. Pity I didn't like the tea, which I think tasted like gunpowder ... Thit-kun-yum?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is another excellent BKT shop at Pandamaran there. I think you should also visit the shop and do review on it. Mo Sang Ko BKT