Friday, December 04, 2009

First chinese meal in Budapest, Hungary - Momotaro

Momotaro Ramen
I was attracted to this place when I read ..
... one of the Best Chinese Restaurant in Budapest, according to Chew.hu, the Hungarian food blog (Top 33 restaurants in Budapest list) as well as several other Chinese food lovers in Hungary. As its name suggests you will also get Japanese dishes here – at reasonable prices.
Add: Széchenyi utca 16, 1065 Budapest, Hungary
Tel: +36 1 269 3802
Opening hours: Mon-Sun 11am – 10 pm


Some dumplings as starters ...


The interesting and rather non-tasteful decor!
Fried rice .. Kwai-loh style! Ditto "Char Siew"!

Poor Ma Poh Tofu! Equally poor fried rice ... tsk tsk.

Sweet and sour ... too much batter!

Horrid "fried noodles ala Taiwanese"! Eep!
ps - The verdict... I left feeling dissapointed with the non-authenticity of the food, the slightly-above-normal pricing, and the poor customer service!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch, sounds like you had a really disappointing meal. I've had a similar experience eating Indian food in a restaurant in Toronto and I found each and every dish to be sooo unauthentic! Waste of time and money!

Julian Si said...

Thanks for visiting my little blog, all the way from Toronto!

It was indeed dissapointing ...

Never mind, I am back to Malaysia tonight, where the food is good .. and cheap too :-)