Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Views of Bandar-e-Abbas, Iran and the surrounding areas!

Yes, this is a military base. Iran and its backdrop of the military can't be separated, in fact I saw another military airbase, which was very heavily armed, during our drive too.


There were only 2 mosques with such intricate Irani-style mosaic, here is one of them


Hmmm ... a new CHINESE supermarket perhaps!? How cool!


Bandar Abbas has strong historical ties with India, these trees are symbols of that.


The infrastructure is average I guess, and quite a change from Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

Ah... the main fish market!
A few more shots during our drive...

3 comments:

hApPy HaPpY said...

Do they sell booze there, in the hotel???

Ciki said...

you r like indie jones in Iran! lovit!

Julian Si said...

Indie Jones ... muakhahaa! Now I can't get the theme song outta my head!

HaPPy2 - NO LAH ... Didn't see a drop of alochol when I was in Bandar Abbas!! No where...