Monday, January 19, 2009

Song River, Jalan Birch off Persiaran Gurney - Penang

Song River Bak Kut Teh
Add:
65, Jalan Birch, off Persiaran Gurney
Located: Road following Lorong Burma
Tel: +6012 408 8345

Don't let the name fool you ... Song River serves a lot more then Bak Kut Teh!
RL brought me here mid-last year and it left such a lasting impression on me, I had to bring my friends there too!


My Hokkien was poor, but lucky I had photos from my previous blog entry with me, so I showed the lady boss, and she asked ... "Internet, ah?" with a beaming smile! She promptly invited me to the kitchen where the chefs had their cam-whoring moment of fame, haha!


Signature dish and right-fully so! Prawn noodle with ginger slices, RM$20
Bitter gourd and Omelette, RM$5 . My favourite dish, and it is truly to-die-for!
Tofu with brinjal, RM$8 - Delicious!
Soya sauce chicken, RM$10. So good!

A couple of parting shots of Penang, along the Gurney Drive waterfront with my Nikon D80 + versatile Tamron 17-50mm set-up.

2 comments:

minchow said...

Awww, you got me all sniffly about my beloved hometown! And great job getting all the food action before CNY fever hits! Eating out in Penang during the season spells disaster!

Julian Si said...

Ah hah... A Pg lassie eh!

You are right, I too was warned by the locals that I visited on the perfect weekend. Restaurants and hawkers were open, and no mad rush!

In fact... the 350km drive home took exactly 3.5 hours :-)