Friday, January 13, 2012

Abu Shakra - Delicious Egyptian grilled lamb

We were gonna head to Damascus Flower tonight, but OK and DL changed their mind and asked me ... "Wanna try the lamb place?". Oh yes!

Add: Estiqal Street
Located: Opposite Eurocar in downtown Abu Dhabi, not far from New York University
Main intersection: Corniche Road, and turn at ADIA (Abu Dhabi Investment Authority)
Tel: +971 2 633 7849

A variety of dips, I think I counted 4 ... to enjoy with the bread (Ask them to warm up the bread if you wish).

Delicious, simple salad ... and bread.


Excellent! The grilled lamb, was succulent, smokey in flavour and cooked to perfection. Brought back memories of Hing Ket in Kampung Jawa, Klang.


The shrimp with an Egyptian curry-esque batter was good too :-)
The meal came up to about 250 AED or RM$200 for the 4 of us, not cheap but great quality and good service as well.

Heh heh ... Chilly Willy!?

As we walked towards our car, there's plenty of Mawaqif parking opposite New York University.

2 comments:

LoLy said...

To tell you the truth, I am scared of that place, my cousin onces was poisoned, and after couple of months, Municipality shut them down for a while , cause they had health or cleanig issues in their kitchen .. They dont have a very good reputation compared to their pricese.. Take care :)

Julian Si said...

If I survive tonight, I should be fine :-)

Place looked really clean, and my friends who brought me there informed me that it looked really different from their previous visit - Much cleaner and better.

:-)

Food's good!