Friday, January 06, 2012

Volvo Ocean Race : Destination Village - The yachts are here!

Hello from the Destination Village, here are my photos from a Friday outing (6th January) with DS and MD, along with my Nikon D7000. Its free, so I do hope many Abu Dhabians and Dubai-ans drop by!



25 AED or RM$20 for a Fosters, Stella or Warsteiner ... good value :-)




Sure I have always wanted a Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II AF-S but what I have is a AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G which is 7 times cheaper, and does a great job for me in reasonable light and is significantly lighter as well. Its got a decent build quality, along with ED, and heck its even got VR 2, I can't quite ask for more!



Some shots at mid-range to maximum zoom of the dragon-boaters ...




Hello Abu Dhabi!


Finally, we found the yachts. They were located behind the main stage.





Up close ...




I loved the view from the viewing platform, which is about 8 metres up in the air.



High up in the air!




Team Azzam v Team Telefonica :-)



A great family day out :-)



Observed Team Azzam doing some sail maintenance as I was leaving ... Good luck guys!

No comments: