Friday, January 06, 2012

Volvo Ocean Race : Destination Village - Lots of people!

On my previous visit to the Volvo Ocean Race : Destination Village at the Marina Breakwater, opposite Marina Mall (near the Heritage Village) here in Abu Dhabi, which was on New Year's day, I was surprised how few people there were ... No problem with that over this weekend, it was packed!


Upon arrival ...


Two lenses which I don't use particularly often (Along with the 105mm f/2.8 VR Micro), is my long 70-300mm zoom, and this BT-supplied Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G DX. I put to good use both these lenses on this trip to the village!


Great publicity for Abu Dhabi!










I saw many familes there, and it was great - There was education on sailing, the sea and the environment, and fun for children and adults too.




It wasn't packed every where ...



But look ... a sea of people :-)





As Galway, Ireland is one of the stops on the Volvo Ocean Race series, there was Irish dancing, great music!



Would you believe, these teenagers were students of dance ... they were good!



Sail away...

No comments: