Monday, March 03, 2008

YHK Seafood Yong Tau Foo, Damansara Utama

Sometimes I even forget where I have eaten! It was a cold rainy Sunday evening ... and I felt like something hot for my tummy ... hmm, why not a re-visit to the excellent YTF (Yong Tau Foo) which Aunty Chooi brought me years ago!? Hmm, I seem to have forgotten that I had visited another branch previously ... my visit to the original branch in Pudu, KL

There are fried and soup varieties of YTF, both are equally delicious!
I loved the Chee cheong fun with dried prawns, which I chose to be complemented with some delicious curry gravy (You can also opt for sweet and chili sauces).
Total damage, RM$14.60 which included 2 cups of delicious home-made Chrysanthemum tea.


Some education on the Hakka variety of YTF ...
i) The stuffing is made from fish, pork and salted fish.
ii) Other interesting ingredients used include kacang botol, cuttlefish and intestines.
iii) Specialties include dumplings (sui kow) which are made with whole prawns and chee cheong fun topped with dried prawns.

History ... Well-known in the Pudu-Imbi area, it was originally known as Yap Hup Kee Seafood Yong Tow Foo. It was set up in 1970 as a stall in a hawker centre on a plot of land where Lot 10 stands. In 1986, it moved into its present premises. A branch was open in Damansara Utama in 2004.

Damansara Utama branch:
Add: 31 Jalan SS21/56B (same road as The Ship), Damansara Utama, PJ
Tel: +603 7710 8131.
Business hours: 10am to 9pm (Open every day)

Pudu main outlet:
Add: 45 Jalan Brunei Barat (off Jalan Pudu), 55100 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03 2148 9220.
Business hours: 9am to 5pm, 6pm to 12 midnight (Closed: Every two weeks on a Tuesday)

No comments: