Saturday, July 04, 2009

Fuddruckers ... What!?

I had to rub my eyes, and do a second take, when I saw the name of this burger joint!



Add: 1st Flr, Marina Mall , P.O.Box 32846, Abu Dhabi
Tel: +971 2 681 8160

From the corporate website...
Back in 1980, a simple Texan began a singular quest. He searched high and low seeking the best that a hamburger could be. He hungered for perfection in an imperfect world. All he found were warmed-over compromises between bland slices of bread. The burger culture had sullied an American institution.
Then in the still of a sultry summer night, a voice spoke to him, “Let them build it and they will come.” While he wasn’t exactly sure what the message meant—and there were no follow-up communications—the Texan did the only thing he knew to do.
Finding mediocrity unacceptable, he took a wrong and made it right. He took the frozen and made it fresh. He built his own burger and his own burger place right in the heart of San Antonio, Texas. And then because the man had a sense of humor, he named this place Fuddruckers.

5 comments:

J2Kfm said...

hahaha ... cool name. almost had me rolling my eyes!

Unknown said...

this is my son's favorite join..love the burgers here and their salad is super fresh..check out this link http://pureglutton.blogspot.com/2008/02/dubai-fast-foods.html

Benjamin Cheong said...

Hi Julian, found your blog from Yuki Iskandar when I posted for advice to on where to go to makan in Abu Dhabi. Thought your name is familiar - Yu Ye showed me your blog before when talking about Dau's birthday. Small world.

Anyways, I was there the same day as you and thought the exact same thing when I came across the shop! Even thought about blogging about it too... Pity my camera ran out of juice.

Marina Mall is huge! Feels bigger than Midvalley even. And shopping is great with the sales on now too!

Anyways... Might check out one of the restaurants you recommended tonight. Thanks for the reviews!

Julian Si said...

Guys, when I settle down, lets meet up ;-)

Pureglutton said...

Great - u must try those amazing burgers in this joint, lol!