Saturday, November 03, 2007

IWC launch starring Ronan Keating

The Star ...
Keating in town to perform at private party
KUALA LUMPUR: Irish singer Ronan Keating has come a long way from his early days as lead singer of boy-band phenomenon Boyzone.
The 30-year-old singer is the proud father of two girls and a boy – Marie, six, Ali, two, and Jack, eight. He says he is very much a family man these days.
“My biggest success is my children. I enjoy spending time with them. I have a studio cum home. I can work from there and still do things like send the kids and pick them up from school. Spending quality time with them is also important to me,” said the singer who married his childhood sweetheart, Irish model Yvonne Connolly in 1998.
Keating has had 13 consecutive top 10 hits (excluding the 16 he had with Boyzone) and has sold some 21 million albums worldwide. He was in town to perform for a private party by IWC (International Watch Company), which launched its first boutique in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.
“It’s hard being away from my children. I’m only here for two days, and they’re already missing me,” said Keating.
While family may be his priority now, it doesn’t mean that his career has taken a backseat.
“I love my career as well. I’m in the process of writing for my new album, which will be launched at the end of summer next year.”
His last album, Bring You Home, was released last year. Apart from his career, Keating has also been involved with charity. Not only is he a United Nation Goodwill Ambassador, he is also involved in the Marie Keating Foundation – a charity he and his family set up after the death of his mother from cancer in 1998.

Hey, I have been featured on a Ronan fan site :-)

Ronan Keating News.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, thank you soooo much!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great pictures of Ronan. Hope you enjoyed the gig.

Julian Si said...

No problem, good luck with ronankeatingnews.com :-) If you want to post a link, or use some of the photos, it's OK. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the offer. I have added some of your pics to my gallery (see link) and given you credit.

Have a nice week!