Tuesday, November 20, 2007

900th Blog ... Nostalgia!

Welcome to my 900th Blog!

Is my blog a FLOG (food-blog) , or dive-log ... golf-log? Nah .. I would simply describe it as My Blog.
I remember my early days of being on-line, and always feeling the need to share what I was doing, eating, watching with my family (who were then) abroad, and likewise my friends who were spread out across the world (You know who you are!).

Here's an evolution of my Web Authoring days ...
1999 (My 'durian' website!)

2004 (My juliansi.com domain! Hmm, I miss that domain name!)

And now, since 2006 ... My juliansi.blogspot.com site!

Anyway, thank you for sticking with my blog for the past 1 year and 4 months. Has it been 485 days? Time flies! Ah... Its funny thinking back how I started my first blog after going for my first dive trip in Redang back in July 2006 :-)

Blogs move on ... We move on ... Time moves on. The best is yet to be!
Wikipedia ...
A blog (a portmanteau of web log) is a website where entries are written in chronological order and commonly displayed in reverse chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.

Many blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject; others function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability for readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs. Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on art (artlog), photographs (photoblog), sketchblog, videos (vlog), music (MP3 blog), audio (podcasting) and are part of a wider network of social media. Micro-blogging is another type of blogging which consists of blogs with very short posts.
As of September 2007, blog search engine Technorati was tracking more than 106 million blogs.

2 comments:

Richard said...

Congrats on the 900th Blog my man!
Can Angeline & I book you for your 1000th (FOOD or DIVE) Blog when the time comes! kekeke..

John (logicsoul.com) said...

Wow... 900th post already.. not bad...

oh btw.. i created a food site called Ravejoint (www.ravejoint.com) for food lovers to gather.. Maybe you can post some of ur food there... :P (and maybe drive traffic back to ur blog if u want )