Friday, September 05, 2008

Penang Road Famous Teochew Chendul or Cendol

Penang Lane's famed ... Teochew Chendul (Cendol as I call it) stall.


I shall never forget my first visit to this stall , in each one of my visits to Penang I had a local guide and knowledge to take me to the finest ... and this is probably the finest there is!


Still makes me chuckle when I see the photo of Gurmit and Rosie from Phua Chu Kang PCK , a popular Singapore television show. Yes... this stall is VERY popular and famous!


Prepare to queue up ... or try going to the stall opposite , which is decent by Malaysia standards, but pales in comparison to The Original!


Simply divine ... This IS cendol!


There's also a rather decent Ice Kacang served here :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture taken. Can u recall where is the exact place are the cendol stalls located. What's the lane name which is located at Jalan PENANG which is very long road. TQ. Janice

Julian Si said...

Hi Janice - Sorry I can't remember the details of the location, all I remember was it was at the "end" of a road (Lebuh Keng Kwee). I have another write up here, which may be of some help -

http://juliansi.blogspot.com/2009/01/penang-road-cendul-leboh-keng-kwee.html

Also, my Penangite friend has a wonderful website, and she has also reviewed this magnificent place:-

http://www.what2seeonline.com/2009/04/penang-hawker-food-penang-road-iceball-ice-kacang-cendol/

Enjoy!!!