Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Wuzhen by night - Nikon D80 and MC-DC1 Remote Release

My choice of equipment for this Wuzhen night shoot ...
  • Nikon D80 (23,500 shutter count ... Time flies!)
  • Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
  • El-cheapo tripod which I brought along cos' it was light!
  • Most importantly .. A new addition to my arsenal, the Nikon MC-DC1 remote release cable.

Most of the shots I took were at: ISO: 200 ... Shutter speed: 4 to 11 seconds ... Aperture: f/11 ... Exposure compensation: Between 0 to -0.7EV ... Programme: Aperture-priority


Water town ... Wuzhen :-)



I quite like these shots ...


Here's the "reach" of my Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, one shot was taken at 17mm and the other at maximum zoom (50mm) on a DX sensor. That roughly translates to 25mm and 75mm on a full-frame body.


Couldn't resist taking more photos ...


A couple more shots as I walked back to my hotel, Tong-An.

2 comments:

witsandnuts said...

Impressive shots!

Abby Jammy said...

lovely photos Julian, well done!