Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Kedai Kopi Khoong - Tong Sui Desserts @ Sea Park, PJ

Kedai Kopi Khoong is a perennial favourite of many in Sea Park ... I usually find their Tong Sui (literally translates to Sugar Water aka Chinese dessert) excellent, but on this particular occasion (perhaps cos' I ta-powed it home, instead of eating it piping hot there!) it was only mediocre ...

Add: Jalan 21/12, Sea Park, PJ
Directions: This corner shop is located at the other end of KFC / Back of Seapark Market
Thanks to Masak Masak for the directions
Opening hours: Until 10pm, or when they run out!


This stall at the left / back-end of the kopi tiam serves various Tong Suis ... I counted five:- Red bean, Green bean, Wheat, Bubur Cha-cha, and Pak Kor Yee Mai (Barley with Beancurd and Gingko nuts). I paid RM$1.40 for each of the 3 packets I ta-powed home (Bubur / Green / Pak-kor). Besides this, Chee Cheong Fun and Yau Cha Kuay is also sold at this stall.


Here's what my selection of Tong Sui looked when I brought it home ... only the Pak Kor Yee Mai was any good (smooth and well blended!), the other 2 just lacked taste. Perhaps it was because the tong sui had cooled down :-(

No comments: