Friday, January 13, 2012

AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED now Made in China

Hmm, my AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED is 8 months old, and still nearly untouched!
Review: Previous write-up

Yes, it has VR, is my fastest focusing lens, fantastic sharpness, and build-quality ... but why is it now made in China!? According to Amazon and KenRockwell, the batch made from 2010/2011 is indeed .. Made in China.


No... I haven't hard problems with this lens, but I have hardly given it a good work-out. Its certainly more about customer perception and expectations I guess. Any how, here are a couple more shots ...

2 comments:

email2me said...

This is an awesome lens for shooting portraits with a full frame lens and for products. Foods shot can do all range coverage.

Gals hate me when I use this lens. ICI paint forced to put thicker .... lol

Julian Si said...

Thanks ;-) I agree, great lens. But its a bit long for my DX body. Will be more useful one day when I switch to FX. Now, I use the 40mm f/2.8 Micro DX a lot more!!

Haha.a... ICI :-)