Saturday, August 27, 2011

Steve Jobs - You shall be missed

Apple devices have been intertwined with my life for many years now :-) Here are some fond memories ... I have my dad, SW, YH, and BT to thank for this obsession with Apple products!

1980 - Apple II Plus, my dad got us our first home computer, which I later found out to be a "compatible" model :-)
Then came ... 1987 - Macintosh SE, what I felt was one of the first iconic designs of Steve Jobs! I think this one SW and myself got from some Singapore Uni garage sale, for like 50 SGD!

Same bro .. SW, asked me to get the Apple MessagePad 120, I think this was launched in 1996, but we may have got a used one some years later! Handwriting recognition was putzzz, but for a Mac-diehard, we just had to get one!

In my uni days in Manchester, I used a Power Macintosh Performa 6200 (PowerPC 603 processor, circa 1995) ... and some time between 1998 - 2000, I got myself the really cool looking iMac DV (Thanks, BT!) in Malaysia.

Music devices? I still have the iPod Mini which was purchased in Singapore circa 2004-2005 (Never ever got an original uber-cool white iPod 1st generation though), and later on my ex-boss gave me an iPod Nano back in Christmas 2007, which I use to this day!

And most recently in 2010 ... Me and bbG got our current Apple devices, oops tools ... My MacBook Pro 13 (Which I fondly call, "Al"), and bbG's very-used iPad (1st generation).


Steve Jobs on the National, the local paper here in the UAE ... 25th August 2011. You shall bemissed, you are a visionary, an inspiration and a genius.

The journey is the reward ... "We used to dream about this stuff. Now, we get to build it. It's pretty neat."


Update: 6th October 2011
Six weeks after the above post ... The world, and I, said goodbye to Steve.
All I can say is ... Thank you.

2 comments:

Ciki said...

ooo! blast from the past.. LOVE the pc - rmbr the green neon alphabets? so surreal hor;) haha

Julian Si said...

iPhone5 soon eh :-)

Green neon? I remember ... SYNTAX ERROR!