Monday, July 05, 2010

Grand Mosque of Abu Dhabi - By night

My first glimpse of the Grand Mosque with my Nikon D80 one night, brought along the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 this time.


Thanks to Duff for the Manfrotto 190DB tripod, and 496RC2 ball-head ... have to admit I still have a lot to learn with this set-up! Will be back in a week's time for more night shots ;-)

Getting closer ...
In the courtyard ;-) More tripod action!

I like this shot ... looking upwards at the ceiling, as I was leaving at 9:30pm on a Friday night.


A parting shot ... This one was done freehand :-) at ISO400.

6 comments:

AugustDiners said...

wow, breathtaking!

Ciki said...

looks gorgeous by night. the lights make a difference.. :)

choi yen said...

Mosque in blue...awesome!!!

Julian Si said...

Many thanks, more shots from a second shoot to be posted ... soon :-)

S Lloyd said...

That's impressive. Especially for an enthusiast of grandiose architectures like me.

Julian Si said...

You should visit the UAE, a nice blend of tradition, modernity, grandiouse and minimalistic structures :-)

Cheers!