Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Vodka Ribena @ Backyard, Sri Hartamas

Add: 28, Jalan Sri Hartamas 8, KL
Tel: +603 6201 0318
It sure has been a while since my last visit here on New Year's day 2007!

Vodka Ribena @ RM$13.50 each ... Really good! One of the best around :-)


I like Backyard, in a world (Well, Malaysia anyway) where so much is changing and evolving, and places trying to be 'hip' ... Backyard just is! Very popular amongst the pool fanatics, and football maniacs, I simply enjoy a drink here. And tried the food as well for the first time today!


Mutton Dry Curry (Sort of like a Rendang) RM$9.50 - Heavily spiced, and a little too spicy for me.


Singapore Fried Meehoon (RM$9) - Good! Plenty of wok-hay aka Fire!


Indo Fried Rice (RM$10.50) - Really good. Didn't really like the fried chicken wings which accompanied the dish though.


Fried Sausages with Chilli and Onion (RM$8.50) - I was rather dissapointed, as it wasn't particularly tasty, I've had better! But, it wasn't oily ... for a change! So, it was a nice healthier alternative to this dish.



From Backyardpub.com , where propietor Jerry Chong described ...
It was always my dream to own a neighbourhood pub like the ones I used to go to in Sunderland and London. The pub was supposed to be for my retirement, but I sort of jumped the gun.One of the pubs I remember from those days was Frog and Firkin, a famous watering hole in London, and my regular -- Walmer Castle -- a small joint with a pool table where I first got hooked on pool.
The opportunity to take over the Backyard came in 1996. Joan and I were already living in Taman Sri Hartamas and frequenting the pub and we decided to take it up as a new challenge for us. We slogged for six months to give it a new look and improve the food and music...

2 comments:

choi yen said...

fried sausage? Just normal sausage? I think I can cook it at home :P

Anonymous said...

I was at the Backyard last night, got in about elevenish, and a local band was playing. First the crowd, full house on a Friday night, excellent sign!ok, so I got booped twice.
The band was good, no, no, it was fab, fun, played all the songs I could sing to and more, excellent repertoire, especially for this (ahem) forty something gal.
And yes, the mutton thing was way spicy but addictive. It got my ears ringing.

I am so going back there again.