Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Lembeh Strait - Flamboyant Cuttlefish, Mandarin fish, Flying Gunnars, Crabs, Shrimps, Octopus .. phew!

Some wait years to see a Flamboyant Cuttlefish ... I managed this on my 33rd dive, what a treat! And to top it all off ... we had the pleasure of seeing (possibly) close to a 100 Mandarin Fish dart in and out of Staghorn Coral on a sunset/night dive, breath-taking!

My dives from 24th - 25th October ...

Aw Shucks
Max Depth = 23m
Bottom Time = 54 minutes
Devilfish and Lizardfish were cool!

Teluk Kembahu 3
Max Depth = 21m
One very large Frogfish at the bottom of the tow-line

Pantai Periggi
Max Depth = 18.5m
The elusive ... FLAMBOYANT CUTTLEFISH. Wow!

Jahir
Max Depth = 14m (NIGHT DIVE)
Buddied Uncle Jeff, and saw his favourite COCKATOO WASPFISH.

Nudi Retreat
Max Depth = 24m
We were greeted by an 'ELECTRIC CLAM' with visible 'zzzzap... zzzap' at the end of the dive!

Teluk Kembahu 2
Max Depth = 20.7m
Murex Tribulus could have been the last thing I saw ... if not for my buddy, Endee, whom I had to A.A.S. with (aka Share Air!)

Jahir 2
Max Depth = 17.6m
Black-phase FROG FISH which was rather aggressive, opening his huge mouth and bouncing his way towards Simon & myself!

Murex Housereef
Max Depth = 13.7m
Sunset dive, to the stag-horn coral formation here which was swarming with gorgeous MANDARIN FISH.























No comments: